Kia Forte Tires: Sizes, All-Season and Winter Tires
It’s hard to say how long your Kia Forte tires will last. Kicking Tires estimates a tire can last between 20,000 and 50,000 miles on average. The lifespan of your Kia Forte tires is dependent on how you drive and whether you are driving on summer, all-season, or winter tires. Driving on under-inflated tires and with your Forte out of alignment will shorten your tires’ lifespan as well. There is no set interval for when you will need new tires, but here is a list of Kia Forte tires for when the time comes.
Sizes for Kia Forte Tires
Kia Forte tires vary between trim levels. Kia advises adhering to the Forte’s original tire size. “Kia does not recommend modifying or altering your Kia vehicle’s specifications including tire size in any manner. As with any modification, if a failure occurs on the vehicle that can be attributed to the modification, the warranty of any affected components may be voided,” according to Kia.
2016 Kia Forte sedan
- LX 195/65 R15
- LX w/16-inch rim 205/55 R16
- EX 215/45 R17
2016 Kia Forte Koup
- EX 205/55 R16
- SX 225/40 R18
2015 Kia Forte5
- LX 205/55 R16
- EX 215/45 R17
- SX 225/40 R18
Kia Forte Tires
We will take a look at tires from these dealers: Continental, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Yokohama, Nexen, Goodyear, and Michelin.
- The Nexen CP671 tire has four straight, wide grooves that improve traction on wet roads. Road noise is lessen due to a rapid angle round groove. The lateral groove enhances traction and braking. This tire fits all trim levels on the sedan, Koup, and Forte5.
- The Continental PureContact tire has a strong outer shoulder that improves performance on dry roads. Rolling resistance is lowered, so fuel efficiency is improved. Braking in wet conditions is enhanced due to the inclusion of silane. This tire fits the EX Forte sedan, Koup, and Forte5.
- Yokohama’s AVID ENVigor tire has an optimized contact patch that improves traction. The 3-D sipes improve traction on wet roads. Handling is enhanced thanks to a unibloc shoulder and tapered center rib. A six-pitch variation pitch tread lowers road noise and provides a comfortable ride. This tire fits the LX and EX Forte sedan as well as the EX and SX Koup/Forte5.
- The Bridgestone Driveguard tire can be driven up to 50 miles at no more than 50 mph on a flat tire. Handling in wet conditions is improved due to silica and rubber polymers. Fuel efficiency is enhanced thanks to a low-rolling resistance. This tire fits all Forte, Forte5, and Koup models.
- Goodyear’s Assurance All-Season tire has multiple biting edges that offer traction in wet and dry conditions. Wide tread grooves help with traction in wet conditions. The tire’s optimized tread pattern helps to reduce road noise. This tire fits the LX and EX Forte sedan as well as the EX Koup/Forte5.
- Michelin’s Defender tire utilizes IntelliSipe technology to provide better traction for braking. The tire’s EnergySaver construction lowers the tire’s rolling resistance to improve fuel efficiency. This tire fits the LX and EX Forte sedan as well as the EX Koup/Forte5.
- The Dunlop Signature HP tire has an asymmetric tread design that has all-season handling on wet and dry roads. Circumferential grooves move water away from the tire’s tread and contoured edges reduce road noise. This tire fits the EX Forte sedan as well as the EX and SX Koup/Forte5.
Although all-season tires can handle wet conditions, winter tires have better traction and handling on snowy roads. Winter tires are also made to perform better at temperatures below 45 degrees.
- Nexen’s Winguard Snow G tire has three deep grooves that improve traction on wet roads. Road noise is lessened thanks to five random pitch variations. This tire fits all sizes on the sedan and the EX Forte5/Koup. The Nexen Winguard Sport tire fits the SX Forte5/Koup.
- Continental’s ExtremeWinterContact tire has a center contact patch with traction ridges that provide excellent traction and braking in snow. The high sipe density reduces braking distance on snow and ice. Dry and wet handling is enhanced due to elevated lateral grooves. This tire fits the LX and EX Forte sedan as well as the EX Koup and Forte5.
- The Yokohama W.drive tire has an asymmetric tread design that improves traction in snowy conditions. Zigzag sipes also improve snow and ice traction. Circumferential and lateral grooves help remove water from the tire’s tread. This tire fits the EX Forte sedan as well as the EX and SX Koup/Forte5.
- The Goodyear Ultra Grip Winter tire has multiple biting edges that improve grip on snowy and icy roads. Strong shoulder blocks help with handling and a directional tread pattern helps with traction in the snow. This tire fits the LX and EX Forte sedan as well as the EX Koup/Forte5.
- Michelin’s X-Ice Xi3 tire is made with MaxTouch construction that includes a contact patch that improves winter performance by way of acceleration, braking, and cornering. Cross Z sipes improve traction and handling on icy and snowy roads. This tire fits the LX and EX Forte sedan as well as the EX Koup/Forte5. The Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tire fits the SX Koup and Forte5.
- Dunlop’s Winter Maxx tire has an asymmetric tread design that enhances handling in dry and snowy conditions. Wide grooves and lugs improve handling and traction on snowy roads. This tire fits the LX and EX Forte sedan as well as the EX and SX Koup/Forte5.
Bridgestone has winter tire options, however they didn’t meet the size specs for Kia Forte tires.
Call Fisher Auto in Boulder, Colo., at 303-245-6414 with your questions about Kia Forte tires. There is a great selection of Kia Forte tires and we can help you narrow down your search to fit your specific driving needs. We install tires as well as swap summer/winter tires. The summer/winter tire swap is $60. The tire swap and rotation are free if the tires were purchased at Fisher!