Kia Rio Tires: Sizes, All-Season and Winter Tires
It’s hard to say how long your Kia Rio tires will last. Kicking Tires estimates a tire can last between 20,000 and 50,000 miles on average. The lifespan of your Kia Rio tires is dependent on how you drive and whether you are driving on summer, all-season, or winter tires. Driving on under-inflated tires and with your Rio out of alignment will shorten your tires’ lifespan as well. There is no set interval for when you will need new tires, but here is a list of Kia Rio tires for when the time comes.
Sizes for Kia Rio Tires
Kia Rio tires vary between trim levels. Kia advises adhering to the Rio’s original tire size. “Kia does not recommend modifying or altering your Kia vehicle’s specifications including tire size in any manner. As with any modification, if a failure occurs on the vehicle that can be attributed to the modification, the warranty of any affected components may be voided,” according to Kia.
2016 Kia Rio and Rio 5-door
- LX 185/65 R15
- EX 185/65 R15
- SX 205/45 R17
Kia Rio Tires
We will take a look at tires from these dealers: Continental, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Yokohama, Goodyear, Nexen, and Michelin.
- The Nexen N’blue ECO tire has a low-rolling resistance, so it helps save on fuel. Braking performance on wet and dry roads is improved due to sipes and tread grooves that are precision placed. Three center ribs help with stability. This tire fits the LX and EX models.
- The Dunlop Signature II tire is made with VersaLoad technology which provides improved handling and a comfortable ride. Multi-directional siping improves traction on wet roads. This tire fits the LX and EX models.
- Michelin’s Energy Saver A/S tire uses a silica tread compound to improve traction and braking on wet roads. A special type of tread rubber keeps the tire cooler, which improves fuel efficiency. This tire fits the LX and EX models.
- Goodyear’s Integrity tire has a solid, centerline rib that provides a quiet ride. An all-season tread compound helps with traction. This tire fits the LX and EX tire. The Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season tire fits the SX model.
- The Bridgestone Driveguard tire is made so it can be driven up to 50 miles at no more than 50 mph on a flat tire. Handling in wet conditions is improved due to silica and rubber polymers. Fuel efficiency is enhanced thanks to a low-rolling resistance. This tire fits the SX model. The Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 tire fits the LX and EX models.
- The Yokohama AVID ENVigor tire has an optimized contact patch that helps improve traction. The tire’s 3-D sipes improve traction in wet conditions. Road noise is at a minimum due to a six-pitch-variation pitch tread. A low-rolling resistance improves fuel efficiency. This tire fits all trim levels.
- Continental’s TrueContact tire provides improved braking in wet conditions, while also improving fuel efficiency. This tire fits the LX and EX models.
Although all-season tires can handle wet conditions, winter tires have better traction and handling on snowy roads. Winter tires are also made to perform better at temperatures below 45 degrees.
- Nexen’s Winguard Snow G tire provides a quiet ride thanks to five random pitch variations and a minimized block edge. Wet traction is improved due to three deep grooves. These grooves also prevent hydroplaning by moving water away from the tire’s tread. This tire fits the LX and EX models.
- The Dunlop Winter Maxx tire has an asymmetric tread design that enhances handling in snowy and dry conditions. Wide grooves and lugs improve traction and handling on snowy roads. This tire fits the LX and EX models. The Dunlop SP Winter Sport 4D DSST ROF tire fits the SX model.
- The Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tire is made with MaxTouch construction that includes a contact patch that improves winter performance by way of acceleration, braking, and cornering. Cross Z sipes improve handling and traction on snowy and icy roads. This tire fits the LX and EX models.
- Goodyear’s Ultra Grip Winter tire has multiple biting edges that grip snowy and icy roads. The tire’s directional tread pattern improves performance on snowy roads and strong shoulder blocks improve handling. This tire fits the LX and EX models.
- Yokohama’s iceGUARD iG52c tire increases traction in winter conditions. It has a middle-of-the-road rating for noise and comfort. This tire fits the LX and EX models.
- The Continental ExtremeWinterContact tire improves braking and traction on snowy roads thanks to a center contact patch with traction ridges. High sipe density reduces braking distance on icy and snowy roads. Inclined longitudinal grooves move water away from the tread. This tire fits the LX and EX models.
Bridgestone has winter tire options, however they didn’t meet the size specs for Kia Rio tires.
Call Fisher Auto in Boulder, Colo., at 303-245-6414 with your questions about Kia Rio tires. There is a great selection of Kia Rio tires and we can help you narrow down your search to fit your specific driving needs. We install tires as well as swap summer/winter tires. The summer/winter tire swap is $60. The tire swap and rotation are free if the tires were purchased at Fisher!