Kia Sedona Tires: Sizes, All-Season and Winter Tires
It’s not easy to estimate how long your Kia Sedona tires will last. Kicking Tires estimates a tire can last between 20,000 and 50,000 miles on average. The lifespan of your Kia Sedona tires is dependent on how you drive and whether you are driving on summer, all-season, or winter tires. Driving on under-inflated tires and with your Sedona out of alignment will shorten your tires’ lifespan as well. There is no set interval for when you will need new tires, but here is a list of Kia Sedona tires for when the time comes.
Sizes for Kia Sedona Tires
Kia Sedona tires vary between trim levels. Kia advises adhering to the Sedona’s original tire size. “Kia does not recommend modifying or altering your Kia vehicle’s specifications including tire size in any manner. As with any modification, if a failure occurs on the vehicle that can be attributed to the modification, the warranty of any affected components may be voided,” according to Kia.
2016 Kia Sedona
- L 235/65 R17
- LX 235/65 R17
- EX 235/60 R18
- SX 235/60 R18
- SXL 235/55 R19
Kia Sedona Tires
We will take a look at tires from these dealers: Bridgestone, Continental, Yokohama, Goodyear, Dunlop, Michelin, and Nexen.
- The Nexen Aria AH7 tire has increased block stiffness that helps with cornering stability, especially at higher speeds. Road noise is lessened due to a 5-optimal pitch arrangement. This tire only fits the L, LX, EX, and SX models.
- The Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 tire was designed with fuel efficiency in mind. The tire has a fuel saver sidewall compound that helps to lower rolling resistance. Nanopro-technology also helps lower rolling resistance, thus improving fuel efficiency. The tire is also made of recycled ground rubber. This tire fits the L and LX models. The Bridgestone Turanza EL42 tire fits the EX and SX models. This tire improves fuel efficiency with a low-rolling resistance. It also provides a quiet, comfortable ride.
- Yokohama’s AVID Ascend tire has adaptive 3-D sipes that improve performance in wet conditions. Tread block bridges and a multi-pitch tread design reduce road noise. An optimized tread profile lowers rolling resistance, which helps improve fuel economy. This tire fits the L, LX, EX, and SX models.
- The Continental 4x4Contact tire has multiple sipes and high-sipe density that improve traction while wide central tread ribs help provide a comfortable ride. This tire fits all trim levels.
- Goodyear’s Assurance TripleTred All-Season tire has a dry zone with a sweeping tread pattern that expels water away from the tire’s tread. Large tread blocks improve handling on dry roads. This tire fits all trim levels.
- Michelin’s Latitude Tour HP tire has a silica tread compound and 2-D siping that provide wet handling and increased braking performance. A belt edge cushion provides a comfortable ride. This tire fits all trim levels.
- The Dunlop Signature CS tire has a quieter ride thanks to Multi-Pitch Tread Design technology. VersaLoad technology improves handling and ride comfort. This tire fits the L, LX, EX, and SX models. The Dunlop Grandtrek Touring A/S tire fits the Limited model.
Although all-season tires can handle wet conditions, winter tires have better traction and handling on snowy roads. Winter tires are also made to perform better at temperatures below 45 degrees.
- The Nexen Winguard SUV tire has a V-shaped directional tread that provides enhanced grip. Road noise is lessened thanks to random patch variation. This tire only fits the L and LX models, which have a 17-inch rim.
- The Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tire has a center multi-Z pattern that improves traction on icy roads. A continuous lug improves traction in snow and 3-D sipes help the tire perform on dry roads. This tire fits all trim levels.
- Yokohama’s iceGURARD iG51v tire has interlocking and adaptive 3-D sipes that create improved stability and grip on icy roads. The dual-action shoulder groove has a zigzag shape that helps grip and expel water. This tire fits all trim levels.
- The Continental ExtremeWinterContact tire has a high-sipe density that helps reduce braking distance on snowy roads. A compact outside tread with elevated lateral grooves helps improve handling in dry conditions. This tire fits the L and LX models.
- Goodyear’s Ultra Grip Winter tire has multiple biting edges and a directional tread pattern that improve grip on snowy and icy roads. Strong shoulder blocks help with handling. This tire fits the L, LX, EX, and SX models. The Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT tire fits the Limited model.
- Michelin’s Latitude X-Ice Xi2 tire has a wide tread contact patch that helps with acceleration and braking power. It also provides cornering traction on snowy roads. Comfort Control Technology delivers a comfortable ride and reduces road noise. This tire fits all trim levels.
- The Dunlop Grandtrek SJ6 tire has a glass fiber-reinforced tread that helps improve grip on icy roads. Zigzag grooves improve traction and braking on snowy roads. This tire fits the L, LX, EX, and SX models. The Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D tire fits the Limited model.
Call Fisher Auto in Boulder, Colo., at 303-245-6414 with your questions about Kia Sedona tires. There is a great selection of Kia Sedona tires and we can help you narrow down your search to fit your specific driving needs. We install tires as well as swap summer/winter tires. The summer/winter tire swap is $60. The tire swap and rotation are free if the tires were purchased at Fisher!