Kia Sorento Tires: Sizes, All-Season and Winter Tires
It’s hard to pinpoint how long your Kia Sorento tires will last. Kicking Tires estimates a tire can last between 20,000 and 50,000 miles on average. The lifespan of your Kia Sorento tires is dependent on how you drive and whether you are driving on summer, all-season, or winter tires. Driving on under-inflated tires and with your Sorento out of alignment will shorten your tires’ lifespan as well. There is no set interval for when you will need new tires, but here is a list of Kia Sorento tires for when the time comes.
Sizes for Kia Sorento Tires
Kia Sorento tires vary between trim levels. Kia advises adhering to the Sorento’s original tire size. “Kia does not recommend modifying or altering your Kia vehicle’s specifications including tire size in any manner. As with any modification, if a failure occurs on the vehicle that can be attributed to the modification, the warranty of any affected components may be voided,” according to Kia.
2016 Kia Sorento
- L 235/65 R17
- LX 235/65 R17
- EX 235/60 R18
- SX V6 235/55 R19
- Limited 235/55 R19
Kia Sorento Tires
We will take a look at tires from these dealers: Continental, Bridgestone, Yokohama, Goodyear, Dunlop, Michelin, and Nexen.
- The Nexen NFera RU5 tire is an ultra, high-performance asymmetric tire. The tread design has waves and grooves that improve grip in wet conditions. An outside rib provides cornering stability.
- The Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia tire improves fuel efficiency and provides a quiet, comfortable ride. A fuel saver sidewall compound and silica-based tread compound lowers rolling resistance. Continuous ribs decrease road noise and circumferential grooves help channel water away from the tire’s tread.
- Yokohama’s AVID Ascend tire has adaptive 3-D sipes that improve traction in wet conditions. Cross and deep circumferential grooves help to clear water from the tire’s tread. Tread block bridges and a multi-pitch tread design help reduce road noise.
- Continental’s CrossContact LX20 tire improves fuel efficiency due to its low-rolling resistance. Sliane improves wet grip, while continuous ribs reduce road noise and provide a comfortable ride. This tire fits the L, LX, and EX level trims.
- The Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring tire has a comfort layer in the tread that maximizes a comfortable ride. An asymmetric tread improves handling in wet conditions, while ComfortEdge sidewalls improve all-around handling. This tire fits the L, LX, and EX Sorentos.
- The Michelin Latitude HP tire has 2-D active sipes that improve handling in wet conditions. Tread compounds help the tire have a low-rolling resistance, which helps fuel economy.
- Dunlop’s Grandtrek Touring A/S tire has Multi-Pitch Tread Design technology that reduces road nose and jointless band technology provides a smooth ride. Silica tread improves traction on wet and dry roads. This tire fits the EX, SX V6, and Limited model Sorentos.
Although all-season tires can handle wet conditions, winter tires have better handling and traction on snowy roads. Winter tires are also made to perform better at temperatures below 45 degrees.
- The Nexen Winguard SUV tire has a V-shaped directional tread design that offers superior grip in winter conditions. This tire only fits the 17-inch rim that is on the Sorento L and LX models.
- The Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tire has a center multi-Z pattern that improves traction in snow and ice. The 3-D sipes help improve dry performance. The continuous lug helps move water away from the tire’s tread.
- Goodyear’s Ultra Grip Winter tire has multiple biting edges that provide grip on snowy and icy roads. Water traction is improved thanks to the wide tread grooves that push snow and slush away from the tire’s tread. The directional tread pattern improves winter traction. This tire only fits the Sorento LX and EX, which have 17- and 18-inch rims. The Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT tire fits the Sorento SX with 19-inch rims. This tire has a specialized ice tread compound that improves traction on icy and snowy roads. Two-dimensional blades help with starting and stopping on ice. Cornering stability is enhanced thanks to 3D TredLock technology.
- Continental’s ExtremeWinterContact tire has traction ridges that help with control in the snow. Braking is improved thanks to high-sipe density. Inclined longitudinal grooves improve performance on wet roads. This tire fits the Sorento L and LX models, which have a 17-inch rim. The Continental ContiCrossContact Winter tire fits the 17-inch rims—L and LX—and 19-inch rims—SX V6 and Limited—while the Continental Conti4x4WinterContact tire fits the 18-inch rim on the Sorento EX.
- The Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 tire is designed for SUVs. Its wide tread contact patch improves acceleration and braking power. Cornering traction is also improved. Comfort Control technology delivers a comfortable ride.
- The Dunlop Grandtrek SJ6 tire has a glass fiber-reinforced tread that helps improve grip on icy roads. Zigzag grooves improve traction and braking on snowy roads. This tire fits the L, LX, and EX model Sorentos.
Yokohama has winter tire options, however they didn’t meet the size specs for Kia Sorento tires.
Call Fisher Auto in Boulder, Colo., at 303-245-6414 with your questions about Kia Sorento tires. There is a great selection of Kia Sorento tires and we can help you narrow down your search to fit your specific driving needs. We install tires as well as swap summer/winter tires. The summer/winter tire swap is $60. The tire swap and rotation are free if the tires were purchased at Fisher!