Kia Soul Tires: Sizes, All-Season and Winter Tires
Estimating how long your Kia Soul tires will last is not easy. Kicking Tires estimates a tire can last between 20,000 and 50,000 miles on average. The lifespan of your Kia Soul tires is dependent on how you drive and whether you are driving on summer, all-season, or winter tires. Driving on under-inflated tires and with your Soul out of alignment will shorten your tires’ lifespan as well. There is no set interval for when you will need new tires, but here is a list of Kia Soul tires for when the time comes.
Sizes for Kia Soul Tires
Kia Soul tires vary between trim levels. Kia advises adhering to the Soul’s original tire size. “Kia does not recommend modifying or altering your Kia vehicle’s specifications including tire size in any manner. As with any modification, if a failure occurs on the vehicle that can be attributed to the modification, the warranty of any affected components may be voided,” according to Kia.
2016 Kia Soul
- Base 205/60 R16
- Plus 215/55 R17
- Plus with Eco Package 205/60 R16
- Plus with 18-inch rims 235/45 R18
- Exclaim 215/55 R17
- Exclaim with 18-inch rims 235/45 R18
Kia Soul Tires
We will take a look at tires from these dealers: Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Yokohama, Goodyear, Michelin, and Nexen.
- Nexen’s CP671 tire is the original equipment tire that your Soul came with. It has four straight, wide grooves that maximize traction in wet conditions. Road noise is lessened thanks to rapid angle round grooves. Lateral grooves improve traction and braking. This tire fits the Plus and Exclaim models.
- The Bridgestone Driveguard has a NanoPro-Tech rubber insert that is able to support the entire weight of a vehicle. This means the tire can be driven on for up to 50 miles at no more than 50 mph if a tire is punctured or flat. Handling in wet conditions is improved thanks to silica and special rubber polymers. This tire fits all trim levels.
- The Yokohama AVID ENVigor tire has an optimized contact patch that improves all-season traction. Traction in wet conditions is improved due to 3-D sipes. Control is improved thanks to a unibloc shoulder and tapered center rib. This tire fits all trim levels.
- Continental’s PureContact tire has a strong outer shoulder that improves performance on dry roads. Fuel efficiency is improved thanks to the tire’s low-rolling resistance. Braking on wet roads is improved due to silane. This tire fits all trim levels.
- Goodyear’s Assurance Fuel Max tire improves fuel efficiency thanks to a fuel-saving tread compound that helps lower rolling resistance. A dry tread zone enhances handling and grip on dry roads, while a wet tread zone improves traction on wet roads. This tire fits the Base and Plus models. The Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tire fits the Exclaim model.
- The Michelin Premier A/S tire is made with EverGrip technology, which moves water away from the tire’s tread. Silica in the EverGrip compound enhances the tire’s grip in wet conditions. This tire fits the Base and Plus models. The Michelin Primacy MXM4 tire fits the Exclaim model.
- The Dunlop Signature II tire has multi-directional siping that helps provide enhanced traction in wet conditions. VersaLoad technology improves ride comfort and handling. This tire fits the Base and Plus models. The Dunlop SP Sport 7000 A/S tire fits the Exclaim model.
Although all-season tires can handle wet conditions, winter tires have better traction and handling on snowy roads. Winter tires are also made to perform better at temperatures below 45 degrees.
- The Nexen Winguard Winspike SUV tire can be fitted with studs to provide even more traction in snowy conditions. Sipes and block rigidity help with handling and traction on icy roads. Twelve multi-random stud lines help decrease road noise. This tire fits the Plus model.
- Yokohama’s W.drive tire has an asymmetric tread design that helps with cornering and traction on snowy roads. Circumferential and lateral grooves help move snow, slush, and water from the tire’s tread. Traction on icy roads is improved thanks to zigzag, 3-D sipes. This tire fits the Plus and Exclaim models.
- Continental’s ExtemeWinterContact tire improves traction and braking on snowy roads thanks to a center contact patch with traction ridges. High sipe density reduces braking distance on snowy and icy roads. Inclined longitudinal grooves move water away from the tread. This tire fits the Base and Plus models.
- The Goodyear Ultra Grip Winter tire has a directional tread pattern that improves traction in winter conditions. Strong shoulder blocks improve handling and multiple biting edges enhance grip on icy roads. This tire fits the Base and Plus models. The Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT tire fits the Exclaim model.
- The Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tire improves performance in icy and snowy conditions thanks to tread blocks and biting edges. Cross Z sipes improve traction in snowy and icy conditions. The Flex-Ice compound helps keep the tire flexible at low temperatures. This tire fits the Base and Plus with Eco Package models.
- Dunlop’s Winter Maxx tire is made of a Nano-Fit rubber that helps the tire adhere to icy roads. Wide grooves and lugs help improve traction on snowy roads and handling in wet conditions. This tire fits the Base and Plus models. The Dunlop SP Winter Sport 4D tire fits the Exclaim model.
Bridgestone has winter tire options, however they didn’t meet the size specs for Kia Soul tires.
Call Fisher Auto in Boulder, Colo., at 303-245-6414 with your questions about Kia Soul tires. There is a great selection of Kia Soul tires and we can help you narrow down your search to fit your specific driving needs. We install tires as well as swap summer/winter tires. The summer/winter tire swap is $60. The tire swap and rotation are free if the tires were purchased at Fisher!