OEM and Aftermarket Brake Pads for Broomfield at Fisher
Your Brake Pad Source in Broomfield
Fisher Auto is your source for quality automotive replacement parts of all kinds for Broomfield, including brake pads. Brake pads are a critical part of your braking system, but they wear down as you use them while driving and require replacement, they are the component that actually grind down to stop your car. This contact wears out the pad over an average distance of 30,000 to 70,000 miles. Because of how critical brake pads are to the performance and safety of your driving, it’s important to check out these pads and replace them whenever they’re getting too thin. When its time to replace your brake pads, there are two types that you can choose from, OEM and aftermarket. If you’re located in Broomfield, Fisher Service can help you with all of your needs. We are specialized in service for Honda and Kia, but we have experienced and certified technicians that are able to perform service on any make or model of vehicle including Chevrolet, Nissan, and Subaru. If you need to bring your Honda or Kia in for replacement brake pads, or to buy the pads to put them on yourself, Fisher Service Center is able to provide you with genuine OEM components so that you can maintain your warranty and have the confidence that OEM parts guarantee. All OEM parts come with a 1 year manufacturer warranty against any defects, so there’s no need to worry about the possibility of buying a faulty component.
If you do not drive a Honda or a Kia, can still provide everything that you need in Broomfield! We service all makes and models and can work with you to find quality aftermarket brake pads that closely resemble and function like the OEM pads would. If you are searching for performance oriented brake pads, we can also help with that. We can get and install your aftermarket brake pads, or we can just order them for you to install. If we order parts for you to install yourself, the warranty is based on that components manufacturer if they offer one.If we install the parts, then our work and the brake pads come with a 1 year/ 12,000 mile warranty against any manufacturer errors that could make the pad defective. Although, because brake pads are a wear item, we are only able to guarantee them against any faults, which doesn’t cover everyday wear that occurs because of use.
There are a variety of differences between OEM and aftermarket components, let’s check out a quick list of positives and the negative.
Pros and Cons: OEM and Aftermarket Brake Pads
Just like everything else, there are strengths and weaknesses to each type of replacement brake pad.
OEM Brake Pads
- The parts that were tested and certified on your vehicle when it was new
- Manufacturer warranty for 1 year
- Assured quality because of manufacturer testing and driving history
- Its simple to shop and find the ideal component
- Must be bought from a dealership or authorized seller
- More expensive than some cheaper aftermarket options
Aftermarket Brake Pads
- Large selection of offerings to shop varying in quality
- Variety of lower and higher cost options, you get what you pay for
- Widely available online and at plentiful storefronts
- Quality isn’t as guaranteed as OEM, variety of quality levels based on price and brand
- Warranties are less common, so defective items are more of a problem
- A large selection of offerings can be overwhelming unless you know exactly what you need
If you need to replace your brake pads and you’re located in Broomfield, Fisher Service Center can help you with everything you need, from getting the parts to installation, and get you safely back on the road. Come by today!