OEM and Aftermarket Brake Pads for Louisville at Fisher
Your Brake Pad Source in Louisville
Fisher Auto is your shop for top quality parts and components for all of your vehicular automotive needs in Louisville, including your new brake pads. Brake pads are a critical part of your vehicle and its safe operation, and need to be replaced when they are worn down due to their function.Friction rubbing with the rotor wears down the pad over an average distance of between 30,000 and 70,000 miles. Because of the fact that brake pads are essential in driving, you need to check them regularly or have them inspected during servicing to see their condition and if they are in need of replacement. When you need to replace your brake pads, there are two options that you can shop, OEM and aftermarket parts. If you live in Louisville, Fisher Service is a short drive away and we can guarantee we can help you with anything that you need. Although we are specialized in servicing Honda and Kia brand vehicles, our experienced and certified team of technicians are able to work on any make or model of vehicle that you need work on including Chevrolet, Nissan, and Subaru. If you have a Honda or Kia in need of new brake pads, or you just want to pick up a set of pads to install yourself, Fisher Service can acquire any genuine OEM replacement parts that you need to maintain your vehicle and your warranty, provided we install the parts for you. Our OEM parts come with a manufacturer guarantee of 1 year against any defects so you can purchase them with confidence.
If you own a vehicle that isn’t a Honda or a Kia, Fisher can still make sure you’re taken care of no matter what you may need in Louisville. We pride ourselves on the fact that we service all makes and models and we will help you find high quality aftermarket parts that closely resemble and function like your OEM brake pads did and new ones would. If you are shopping for performance-oriented brake pads, we can help with that too and find some great ones that are the correct fit. We can acquire and install your aftermarket brake pads, or we can just get them to you to install yourself. If we order the parts for self installation, the warranty will be based on that specific manufacturer, if they offer one. If we install the brake pads for you, our work and the parts come with a 1 year/ 12,000 mile warranty against any manufacturer faults that could cause the the pad to under-perform or prove defective. Given the fact that brake pads are a natural wear item, we can only guarantee them against imperfections that make them faulty, which does not cover everyday wear and tear.
There are a variety of differences between OEM and aftermarket components, let’s check out some pros and cons.
Pros and Cons: OEM and Aftermarket Brake Pads
There are strengths and weaknesses to each type of replacement brake pad, just like everything else.
OEM Brake Pads
- The parts that were certified on your vehicle when it was new
- Manufacturer warranty for a full year
- Assured quality due to manufacturer testing
- Simple to find the ideal component due to manufacturer guidelines
- Only available at dealerships or authorized sellers
- Expensive compared to some lower priced aftermarket options
Aftermarket Brake Pads
- Huge selection of options for every vehicle out there, varying in quality
- Variety of low and high cost options, you get what you pay for
- Widely available online and at automotive parts storefronts
- Quality isn’t known like with the OEM parts, varied quality levels based on price and brand
- Warranties aren’t universal, so defective items are more of a problem unless you pay more for a guaranteed option
- The large selection of potential parts can be overwhelming unless you know exactly what you’re looking for
If you need new brake pads and you’re located in Louisville, Fisher Service Center can help you with everything that you need, from getting the parts to installation, and get you back on the road. Come by today!