OEM and Aftermarket Brake Pads for Lafayette at Fisher
Your Brake Pad Source in Lafayette
Fisher Auto is your source for top quality components for all of your automotive needs in Lafayette, including all of your brake pads. Brake pads are an important part of your vehicle and crucial to safe operation, but due to the way they function, they wear down over time and need to be replaced. Contact with the rotor wears down the pad over an average distance of between 30,000 and 70,000 miles. Due to how important brake pads are, you need to inspect these pads regularly and replace them when they’re wearing out. When you need to change your brake pads, you really have 2 options to look into, OEM and aftermarket parts. If you live in Lafayette, Fisher Service is just a short drive away and we can help you with anything and everything that you need help with. We primarily service Honda and Kia vehicles, but our experienced and certified technicians are able to service any make or model that you might bring in including Chevrolet, Nissan, and Subaru. If your Honda or Kia is in need of replacement brake pads, or you need to buy the pads to put on yourself, Fisher Service can provide you with any genuine OEM replacement parts that you could possibly need in order to maintain your vehicle and your warranty if we install the parts for you. You can have the confidence in our OEM parts thanks to the manufacturer guarantee, all OEM parts come with a 1 year warranty against any defects.
If you own a vehicle outside of the Honda and Kia brands, Fisher is still able to provide whatever you need in Lafayette! We service all makes and models and we will work with you to acquire high quality aftermarket parts that most closely resemble and function as your OEM brake pads did. If you want more performance oriented brake pads, we can also aid you there as well. We can acquire and fit your aftermarket brake pads, or we can merely provide them to you to put on yourself. If we order parts for you to install yourself, the warranty is based on that specific manufacturer and if they offer one. If we install the brake pads, then our work and the brake pads come with a 1 year/ 12,000 mile warranty against any manufacturer faults that could render the pad defective. Take into account that brake pads are a wear item, we can only guarantee them against defects, which does not cover everyday wear and tear because of use.
There are a variety of differences between OEM and aftermarket components, let’s check out a brief list of pros and cons.
Pros and Cons: OEM and Aftermarket Brake Pads
Just like everything else, there are strengths and weaknesses to each type of replacement brake pad.
OEM Brake Pads
- The parts that were tested and certified on your vehicle when it was new
- Manufacturer warranty for 1 year
- Assured quality because of manufacturer testing and driving experiential history
- Its simple to shop and find the ideal component
- Must be bought from a dealership or authorized seller
- More expensive than some of the lower priced aftermarket options
Aftermarket Brake Pads
- Huge selection of options for every vehicle on the road, varying in quality
- Variety of lower and higher cost options, you get what you pay for
- Widely available online and at plentiful storefronts
- Quality isn’t assured like with the OEM parts, varied quality levels based on price and brand
- Warranties aren’t universal, so defective items are more of a problem
- A large selection of potential parts can be overwhelming unless you know exactly what you’re looking for
If you need to replace your brake pads and you’re located in Broomfield, Fisher Service Center can help you with everything you need, from getting the parts to installation, and get you safely back on the road. Come by today!