Maintain a smooth flow of vehicles through the Service Drive.
Include, but not limited to, the following:
- Greets all customers entering the service area with a friendly, upbeat attitude, answers their questions, and directs them to the appropriate person or location.
- Controls service traffic flow and parking.
- Determines if customers coming into service have an appointment. Records customer’s name, VIN, tag number, mileage, and existing vehicle damage.
- Assists service advisors when needed
- Maintains a clean and safe service drive area, free of dirt, water, leaves, snow, etc.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Place vehicle Interior Protection in each vehicle.
- Tag keys and place mirror tags in all vehicles.
- Move vehicles to appointed parking area and ensure all windows are up and all vehicles are locked.
- Advise management of any customer articles such as CD’s, electronics, cash, etc. left inside any vehicle.
- Adhere to all customer service processes.
- Fill in for shuttle drivers as needed.
- Bring customers’ vehicles to the front of service drive when directed.
- Ensure customers’ vehicle is free of dirt and grease from their service visit.
- Light lifting duties when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.