Fisher's OEM and Aftermarket Brake Pads in Boulder
Your Brake Pad Source in Boulder
Fisher Auto is your source for quality parts of all kinds in Boulder, Broomfield, Lafayette, and Louisville, including brake pads. Brake pads are a crucial component of your braking system that require replacement when the wear out, as they are the component that actually makes contact with the rotors to slow they vehicle. This contact eventually wears out the pad over an average period of 30,000 to 70,000 miles. Given the brake pads importance to the performance and safety of your vehicle, it is important to monitor these parts and replace them when they wear out. When you’re replacing your brake pads, there are two paths that you can choose from, OEM and aftermarket. If you’re in Boulder, Fisher Service can help you out no matter what. We specialize in Honda and Kia servicing, but due to our experienced and certified technicians, we are able to confidently service any make or model of vehicle including Chevrolet, Nissan, and Subaru. If you need to service your Honda or Kia to replace your brake pads, or just purchase the parts to do the work yourself, Fisher Service Center can provide you with genuine OEM parts so that you can maintain your warranty and drive with the confidence that OEM parts guarantee. Our OEM parts are sold with a 1 year manufacturer guarantee against any defects, so you don’t need to worry about the possibility of receiving a defective component.
If you do not drive a Honda or a Kia, we’ve still got everything you need in Boulder! We service all makes and models and, when servicing any make outside of Honda and Kia, we will work with you to find high quality aftermarket brake pads that most closely resemble and function as the OEM component would. If you’re looking for a more performance oriented brake pad, we can help you with that too! We can provide and install the aftermarket brake pads or we can simply order you the product. If we only order and provide you the parts, only the manufacturer warranty is in place, if they offer one. But, if we install the component for you, then the brake pads come with a 1 year, 12,000 mile warranty against any manufacturer defects that could cause it to be faulty. Since brake pads are a wear item, we can only guarantee them against defects, not everyday wear that occurs during their use. What’re the differences between OEM and aftermarket components? Let’s check out a quick list of pros and cons.
Pros and Cons: OEM vs. Aftermarket Brake Pads
Like everything else, everything is a balance, and there are strengths and weaknesses to each approach to replacing your brake pads
OEM Brake Pads
- The components that were on your vehicle when it was new
- Manufacturer guarantee against a faulty product of 1 year
- Known quality due to required manufacturer testing and personal experience
- Its easy to select the correct component
- Only available through dealerships and authorized re-sellers
- May be more expensive than some aftermarket offerings
Aftermarket Brake Pads
- Large selection of offerings to choose from
- Some lower cost offerings, some higher, but the price denotes quality
- Available at a wide variety of stores and online
- Quality isn’t as regulated or as assured as OEM and varies, you get what you pay for
- Most likely no warranty, so no protection against defects
- Sheer selection can be overwhelming, so you need to really know what you’re looking for
So, if you’re shopping for new brake pads in Boulder, or just have any questions, let Fisher Service Center point you in the right direction thanks to our certified and highly experienced service advisors and technicians. Stop in today!