Honda CR-Z Tires: Sizes, All-Season and Winter Tires
The lifespan of your Honda CR-Z tires will vary depending on how you drive and whether you are driving on all-season, summer, or winter tires, according to Kicking Tires. Driving with your CR-Z out of alignment will shorten the tires’ lifespan as well as driving on under-inflated tires. Kicking Tires estimates the life of a tire to be anywhere between 20,000 and 50,000 miles, however there is no set interval for when your Honda CR-Z tires will need to be replaced. Check out this list of potential replacement tires.
Sizes for Honda CR-Z Tires
Tire sizes vary between CR-Z trim levels and many all-season performance tires fit the CR-Z. Honda advises sticking to the CR-Z’s original tire size. “Honda vehicles meet all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards when they are originally distributed, and modification could affect the safety and/or operation of the vehicle, as well as remove it from compliance with specifications and standards mandated by the Federal Government,” according to Honda.
2015 Honda CR-Z
- CR-Z base w/16-inch rims
195/55 R16 86V
- CR-Z base w/17-inch rims
205/45 R17 84W
- CR-Z EX w/16-inch rims 195/55 R16 86V
- CR-Z EX w/17-inch rims 205/45 R17 84W
Honda CR-Z Tires
The original equipment tires that Honda uses can come from any of eight dealers. These dealers include: Firestone, Continental, General Tire, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Michelin, Dunlop, or Yokohama.
- The General Tire G-Max AS-03 is a high-performance, all-season tire that has a V-shaped pattern with groove elements. The grooves channel and direct water away from the tread. This fits both rim sizes.
- Goodyear’s Eagle Sport All-Season tires combine powerful sport performance with responsive handling and a strong grip. The asymmetric tread provides the responsive handling and an innovative tread compound helps with performance in wet conditions. A rim protector protects against accidental curb damage. This tire also comes in both tire sizes.
- The Dunlop SP Sport 7000 A/S tire utilizes Multi-Radius Tread Technology to deliver traction in wet conditions and handling in dry conditions. The tire also provides a smooth, quiet ride and only fits the 16-inch rim.
- The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 is an ultra-high performance all-season tire. Wet and dry braking distances are shortened due to silica in the tread compound and Variable Thickness Sipes. This tire fits the 16- and 17-inch rims.
- Yokohama’s AVID ENVigor is an all-season tire that is suitable for performance cars, SUVs, trucks, passenger cars, or vans. It does well in dry and wet conditions and has reduced noise and comfort. The tire is suitable for the 16- and 17-inch rims.
- The Firestone Affinity Touring tire is an all-season tire that provides a quiet, comfortable ride. It has consistent traction in wet and dry conditions due to diagonal and lateral siping. This tire is only available for the 16-inch rim.
- Continental’s ContiProContact tire provides a quiet ride due to a central rib pattern. A straight circumferential groove is able to move water away from the tread. The tire also provides enhanced stability and dry handling. This tire fits the 16- and 17-inch rims.
- The Bridgestone Driveguard tire has an asymmetrical tread pattern that channels water away from the tire. It performs well in dry and wet weather conditions. The tire also helps fuel efficiency. The tire fits the 16- and 17-inch rims.
Even though all-season tires can handle wet conditions, winter tires perform better in snowy conditions and temperatures below 45 degrees.
- The Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip GW-3 ROF tire has a high-performance winter tread that enables performance driving in winter conditions. V-TRED technology moves water and slush away from the tread. A rim protector helps to protect against damage and RunOnFlat (ROF) technology means you can drive up to 50 miles on a deflating or deflated tire at a max speed of 50 mph. This tire will only fit the CR-Z with 16-inch rims.
- Dunlop’s SP Winter Sport 4D tires have a 4-D sipe system that enhances braking and acceleration on snow and ice. The system also provides excellent handling. V-shape grooves help with performance and traction in the snow.This tire also only fits the 16-inch rim. The Dunlop SP Winter Sport 4D DSST ROF tire is compatible with the 17-inch rim.
- Yokohama’s iceGUARD iG20 tire provides advanced traction that allows for advanced handling on ice and snow. The tire only fits the 16-inch rim.
Firestone, Continental, General Tire, Bridgestone, and Michelin have winter tire options, however they didn’t meet the size specs for the Honda CR-Z.
Call Fisher Auto in Boulder, Colo., at 303-245-6414 with your questions about Honda CR-Z tires. There is a good selection of Honda CR-Z tires and we can help you narrow down your search to fit your specific driving needs. We install tires as well as swap summer/winter tires. The summer/winter tire swap is $60. If the tires were purchased at Fisher Auto the tire swap and rotation services are free!