OEM and Aftermarket Brake Pads for Your Chevrolet at Fisher
Your Source for New Brake Pads for Your Chevrolet
Fisher Auto is your source for top quality parts and components for all of your Chevrolet’s needs in Broomfield, Lafayette, or Louisville, including your new brake pads. Brake pads are critical to your vehicle and its safe operation, they need to be replaced when get worn down due to use. The friction of stopping the vehicle wears down the pad over an average duration of between 30,000 and 70,000 miles. Drivers need to check brake pads regularly, or have them inspected during service appointments, to check their condition and if they need to be replaced.
When you need to replace your Chevy’s brake pads, Fisher can make sure you’re well taken care of. We pride ourselves on the fact that we service all makes and models, including Chevrolet, and we will help you find high quality aftermarket parts that will function just like your OEM brake pads did. If you are shopping for performance-oriented brake pads, we can help with that too and find great components that function exactly how you would like. We can order and install your aftermarket brake pads, or we can just get them for you to install yourself. If we order the parts for you to install, any warranty will be based on that specific manufacturer, and if they offer one. If you need us to install the brake pads for you, our work and the components come with a full 1 year/ 12,000 mile warranty against any manufacturer defects that could cause the the pad to under-perform or be faulty. Brake pads are a natural wear item, so we can only guarantee them against imperfections that make them faulty, which does not cover everyday wear and tear.
There are a variety of differences between OEM and aftermarket components, let’s check out some.
Pros and Cons: OEM and Aftermarket Brake Pads
There are strengths and weaknesses to each type of replacement brake pad, just like everything else.
OEM Brake Pads
- The parts that were certified on your vehicle when it was new
- Manufacturer warranty for a full year
- Simple to find the ideal component due to manufacturer guidelines
- Only available at dealerships or authorized sellers
- Expensive compared to some lower priced aftermarket options
Aftermarket Brake Pads
- Huge selection of options for every vehicle out there, varying in quality
- Variety of low and high cost options, you get what you pay for
- Widely available online and at automotive parts storefronts
- Warranty through Fisher if we install them
- Quality isn’t known like with the OEM parts, varied quality levels based on price and brand
- Warranties aren’t universal, so defective items are more of a problem unless you pay more for a guaranteed option
- The large selection of potential parts can be overwhelming unless you know exactly what you’re looking for
If you need new brake pads for your Chevrolet, Fisher Service Center can help you with everything that you need, from getting the parts to installation, and get you back on the road. Come by today!